Can you only remove files that you added yourself from the repository?

Aug 14, 2008 at 1:52 PM
Hiya. I'm trying to remove a couple of outdated files from the source code of my project, but I always get this error when attempting to commit the removal:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: TF14045: The identity SND\MasterSlowPoke is not a recognized identity.

That username is exactly my identity, however. I have no problems adding new files or removing those new files form the repository. Is this because I'm only a developer and not a coordinator? The user who originally added those files I want to delete is no longer active and I'd rather not track him down.

Thanks.
Aug 14, 2008 at 4:40 PM

Try entering your username as: SND\MasterSlowPoke_cp

If you are using the v2 version it requires the _cp at the end, though the latest SvnBridge version from source should add it for you so you don't need to remember it.

Aug 14, 2008 at 9:33 PM
That is the name I'm using for both the working adding/removal and the non-working removal of old files. The error message seems to drop it.
Aug 15, 2008 at 4:26 AM
Oh, it looks like I was looking at the wrong errors. Whoops.

Here's the real error:

The item $/q3libxna/Fusion/Fusion.sln is locked for check-out by aanandn_cp in workspace MEZIAH

Is there any way to unlock it? He hasn't been active for over a year and I'm not seeing any options with TortoiseSVN.
Aug 18, 2008 at 8:51 AM
Anyone? There has to be some way to disable his checkout. 
Aug 18, 2008 at 11:02 PM
Hello,

I'm on the CodePlex team and have taken care of this for you. Should be good to go now.

PeteC