Unable to connect to repository

Nov 7, 2011 at 9:22 PM

I continually get "Unable to connect to repository" from the Tortoise client. I have been doing trial and error for four days now and I keep getting the exact same error. 

------------------ Web.config

<configuration>

<appSettings>

<add key="TfsUrl" value="http://localhost:8080/tfs/Test" />   

<add key="LogPath" value="C:\ThirdParty\SVNBridge\Logs" /> 

</appSettings>

-----------------------------------------------

I connect with tortoiseSVN with this path

http://svnbridge:8081/Project1

---------------------------------------------------------

When I browse our TFS Web site I use http://tfs:8080/web and I can browse the projects fine

Can anybody Please help me. I would like to bring TFS in-house but SVN is Big around here and I can't make that call.

Thank You 

-- Tim

Nov 7, 2011 at 9:30 PM

Sorry, I forgot to add that I get a login gui and I enter my username and password and it Authenticates me just well. I tried bogus logins and I couldn't get passed the login then when I give correct login I get in but it can not connect to the repository.

Nov 7, 2011 at 9:36 PM

HERE'S THE Log -------------------------------

Time     : 11/7/2011 4:31:49 PM

Message  : The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.

User     : 

Request  : OPTIONS /tfs/Project1 HTTP/1.1

Exception:

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.   

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)   

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)   

at CodePlex.TfsLibrary.RegistrationWebSvc.Registration.GetRegistrationEntries(String toolId)   

at CodePlex.TfsLibrary.ObjectModel.RegistrationService.GetServiceInterfaceUrl(String tfsUrl, ICredentials credentials, String serviceType, String interfaceName)   

at CodePlex.TfsLibrary.RepositoryWebSvc.RepositoryWebSvcFactory.Create(String tfsUrl, ICredentials credentials)   

at CodePlex.TfsLibrary.ObjectModel.SourceControlService.<>c__DisplayClassd.<GetLatestChangeset>b__c()   

at CodePlex.TfsLibrary.ObjectModel.SourceControlService.WrapWebException[T](WrapWebExceptionDelegate`1 function)   

at CodePlex.TfsLibrary.ObjectModel.SourceControlService.GetLatestChangeset(String tfsUrl, ICredentials credentials)   

at SvnBridge.SourceControl.TFSSourceControlProvider.GetLatestVersion()   

at SvnBridge.SourceControl.TFSSourceControlProvider.GetItems(Int32 version, String path, Recursion recursion, Boolean returnPropertyFiles)   

at SvnBridge.SourceControl.TFSSourceControlProvider.ItemExists(String path, Int32 version)   

at SvnBridge.SourceControl.TFSSourceControlProvider.ItemExists(String path)   

at SvnBridge.Proxies.RemotingInvocation.Proceed() 

at SvnBridge.Proxies.TracingInterceptor.Invoke(IInvocation invocation)   

at SvnBridge.Proxies.RetryOnExceptionsInterceptor`1.Invoke(IInvocation invocation)   

at SvnBridge.Proxies.ProxyFactory.RemotingProxy.Invoke(IMessage msg)   

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) 

at SvnBridge.SourceControl.TFSSourceControlProvider.ItemExists(String path)   

at SvnBridge.Handlers.OptionsHandler.Handle(IHttpContext context, TFSSourceControlProvider sourceControlProvider)   

at SvnBridge.Handlers.RequestHandlerBase.Handle(IHttpContext context, IPathParser pathParser, NetworkCredential credentials)   

at SvnBridge.Net.HttpContextDispatcher.Dispatch(IHttpContext connection)   at SvnBridgeServer.SvnBridgeHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Did you manage to resolve this problem as I am also getting this error.

Feb 16, 2012 at 2:25 AM
No, I never did. I nolonger work at the same place so I am no longer
using TFS, Thank God.

Thank You

--
Tim Jordan
646-543-4503
New York, New York
timjordanjr@computer.org

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 4:25 PM, [email removed] wrote:
> From: Tumatawhero
>
> Did you manage to resolve this problem as I am also getting this error.
>
> Read the full discussion online.
>
> To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email
> ([email removed])
>
> To start a new discussion for this project, email
> [email removed]
>
> You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on
> CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
>
> Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts
> to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com