Running SvnBridgeViaIIS with IIS 6.0

Mar 6, 2008 at 4:33 PM

I configured IIS to what I believe is equivalent to your IIS 5.0 configuration instructions, but am stuck with the following error when I hit it with a web browser. Also noted - I compiled on my machine, and tried to run it (by copying the directory) onto another machine. So the 'c:\mattm\...' directories are actually invalid.

Server Error in '/' Application.
No component registered for SvnBridge.SourceControl.ISourceControlProvider
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: No component registered for SvnBridge.SourceControl.ISourceControlProvider

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

InvalidOperationException: No component registered for SvnBridge.SourceControl.ISourceControlProvider
SvnBridge.Infrastructure.Container.Resolve(Type type, IDictionary dependencies) in c:\mattm\src\SvnBridge-15856\SvnBridgeLibrary\Infrastructure\Container.cs:68
SvnBridge.Infrastructure.Container.Resolve(IDictionary dependencies) in c:\mattm\src\SvnBridge-15856\SvnBridgeLibrary\Infrastructure\Container.cs:59
SvnBridge.SourceControl.SourceControlProviderFactory.Create(String serverUrl, String projectName, NetworkCredential credentials) in c:\mattm\src\SvnBridge-15856\SvnBridgeLibrary\SourceControl\SourceControlProviderFactory.cs:29
SvnBridge.Net.HttpContextDispatcher.Dispatch(IHttpContext connection) in c:\mattm\src\SvnBridge-15856\SvnBridgeLibrary\Net\HttpContextDispatcher.cs:79
SvnBridge.Web.SvnBridgeHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\mattm\src\SvnBridge-15856\SvnBridgeLibrary\Web\SvnBridgeHttpHandler.cs:30
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +303
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832
Mar 6, 2008 at 5:22 PM
Hi,
The issue is recent changes to SvnBridge, to fix bugs and conformance issue.
As a result, I made a series of changes to the way the internals behave. I didn't update the web site behavior, however.
As a quick fix, add a global.asax file and in the Application_Start call:
new BootStraper().Start()
Mar 7, 2008 at 9:37 PM
I noticed you checked this change in last night. Perfect! Thanks!

Now, I am able to start and run it in IIS. I can hit it from a browser on a different machine, it prompts me to login, I enter my credentials and I'm good. It displays the contents of the existing project perfectly (in firefox).

I tried connecting to it via SVN (tortoise) and it does not prompt me for a username/password, and gives me an error. Any ideas? It fails on the PROPFIND.. presumably because it doesn't prompt me for my username/password.

Any ideas?

Matt.
Mar 10, 2008 at 4:37 PM
I opened a work item to track this issue:
http://www.codeplex.com/SvnBridge/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=9608