svnbridge is crashing every time

Dec 10, 2007 at 2:53 PM
I am trying to checkin 2 files on my codeplex project using TortoiseSVN and svnbridge but svnbridge crashes every time. This is wierd, because I was able to check these files in before but now I can't. Am I doing something wrong?

Codplex is reporting that my TFS server is https://tfs05.codeplex.com so that is what I am entering. If I look in the Application Event Log I see something about a UriFormatException but https://tfs05.codeplex.com looks right to me.

The text below is from the Application Event Log:

Fault bucket 104179309, type 5
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: None
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: svnbridge.exe
P2: 1.0.0.0
P3: 471643ea
P4: SvnBridge2
P5: 1.0.0.0
P6: 471643ea
P7: 135
P8: 31
P9: System.UriFormatException
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\zack\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6575.tmp.version.txt

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\zack\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Report10857eaa
Dec 10, 2007 at 3:07 PM
I think I have isolated the problem. The files I am trying to checkin have the pound sign '#' in their name like in C#. When I added and initially checked these files in, it appeared to work, but browsing the repository I can see that one file isn't in the repository at all and the other file had its name truncated fromt the pound sign on. TortoiseSVN thought the files were checked correctly. When I tried to Commit my changes the bridge blows up, probably because I'm trying to commit files with seemingly weird names that don't exist.

this is causing me a lot of problems.
Dec 10, 2007 at 3:28 PM
Edited Dec 10, 2007 at 3:29 PM
If you browse the repo with TortoiseSVN after adding/checkingin a file with a #. then the filename looks messed up and you can checkin and update. However, if youbrowse the repo with the codeplex web page you can see that all the files are there and appear to have the correct contents except they can't be updated.

Is the problem just that svnbridge is not reading the # out of the repository correctly?
Dec 13, 2007 at 7:07 PM
Edited Dec 13, 2007 at 7:08 PM
It could be that non-alphanumeric characters are generally not handled well by SvnBridge. I have files with the backtick [`] and it gets encoded as %60 by the bridge, and other times crashes it.

Update: preventing wiki encoding on relevant characters.
Dec 13, 2007 at 8:22 PM
suprisingly, this is the only feedback I've gotten on this issue so far.

If you are having the same or a similiar problem, then cast a vote for this issue and add any extra comments that might help like your problem with the back tick. Maybe it will get fixed.

Click here for work item