I can't commit using SvnBridge

Feb 23, 2010 at 2:37 PM

Everything else works fine (although really slow): checkout, update, log...

But when I try to commit, I get the following error: 

Error: Commit failed (details follow):  
Error: Server sent unexpected return value (500 Internal Server Error) in response to   
Error: CHECKOUT request for '/tfs.mbshome.com/!svn/vcc/default'  

Commit failed (details follow):

Server sent unexpected return value (500 Internal Server Error) in response to 

CHECKOUT request for '/my.tfs.server.name/!svn/vcc/default'

Any ideas?

Feb 24, 2010 at 9:30 PM

This looks like it might be one of the bugs we recently fixed but haven't put into a release yet.  Try downloading the latest SvnBridge source code and running that to see if it helps.

Feb 24, 2010 at 11:49 PM

I get a different message now:

MKACTIVITY request for '/tfs.mbshome.com/!svn/act/6fc3ec2b-6c3f-7d42-8227-51a1e89c0f7a'

And in SvnBridge:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: TF14045: The identity MyMachine\MyLocalUserName is not a recognized identity.

It's worth noting that  MyMachine\MyLocalUserName are not the credentials I use to connect to TFS...

I get a different message now:
MKACTIVITY request for '/tfs.mbshome.com/!svn/act/6fc3ec2b-6c3f-7d42-8227-51a1e89c0f7a'
And in SvnBridge:
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: TF14045: The identity MyMachine\MyLocalUserName is not a recognized identity.

Jun 9, 2010 at 3:59 PM

I'm having the same issue.  What do we do?

Command: Commit  Error: Commit failed (details follow):  Error: Server sent unexpected return value (500 Internal Server Error) in response to   Error: CHECKOUT request for '/$mytfsserver/!svn/vcc/default'  Finished!:   

Jun 11, 2010 at 2:48 PM
Are there recommended versions of TFS or subversion to use?
Mar 20, 2012 at 3:13 PM

To view details of how the 500 Internal Server Error happened, (at least for me) it helped checking the server machine's event log (or the SvnBridge log file).

E.g. in my case, such an error was caused by configuring LogPath incorrectly (missing directory).

Jun 6, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Hi Guys, Anyone got solution for above reported issue. I have tried with latest version of Tortoise and SVNBridge, but no use.  If any one knows to solve this , please provide the solution here..Thanks in Advance.

Jun 15, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Hi,

try using the client-side bridge and check out its error messages window (and related error trace), or even actively attach to debugger (easy tray icon context menu entry).

Jan 22, 2013 at 6:35 AM

I got the same trouble! Have anyone resovlved it?

Message from clint-side svnbridge error window:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: TF14045: 标识 MSDX-BYRNE\byrne 是不可识别的标识。   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)   at CodePlex.TfsLibrary.RepositoryWebSvc.Repository.QueryWorkspaces(String ownerName, String computer)   at CodePlex.TfsLibrary.ObjectModel.SourceControlService.<>c__DisplayClass13.<GetWorkspaces>b__12()   at CodePlex.TfsLibrary.ObjectModel.SourceControlService.WrapWebException[T](WrapWebExceptionDelegate`1 function)   at CodePlex.TfsLibrary.ObjectModel.SourceControlService.GetWorkspaces(String tfsUrl, ICredentials credentials, WorkspaceComputers computers)   at SvnBridge.SourceControl.TFSSourceControlService.GetWorkspaces(String tfsUrl, ICredentials credentials, WorkspaceComputers computers)   at SvnBridge.SourceControl.TFSSourceControlProvider.ClearExistingTempWorkspaces(Boolean skipExistingActivities)   at SvnBridge.SourceControl.TFSSourceControlProvider.MakeActivity(String activityId)   at SvnBridge.Proxies.RemotingInvocation.Proceed()   at SvnBridge.Proxies.TracingInterceptor.Invoke(IInvocation invocation)   at SvnBridge.Proxies.RemotingInvocation.Proceed()   at SvnBridge.Proxies.RetryOnExceptionsInterceptor`1.Invoke(IInvocation invocation)   at SvnBridge.Proxies.RemotingInvocation.Proceed()   at SvnBridge.Proxies.ProxyFactory.RemotingProxy.Invoke(IMessage msg)   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)   at SvnBridge.SourceControl.TFSSourceControlProvider.MakeActivity(String activityId)   at SvnBridge.Handlers.MkActivityHandler.Handle(IHttpContext context, TFSSourceControlProvider sourceControlProvider)   at SvnBridge.Handlers.RequestHandlerBase.Handle(IHttpContext context, IPathParser pathParser, NetworkCredential credentials)   at SvnBridge.Net.HttpContextDispatcher.Dispatch(IHttpContext connection)   at SvnBridge.Net.Listener.Process(TcpClient tcpClient)   at SvnBridge.Net.Listener.Accept(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

Feb 1, 2013 at 10:34 AM
All I can say is that with the development work submitted that's been perfectly ignored by this project I've never experienced such commit issues AFAIR. Perhaps I've just been lucky, but...
I will have a look at the details of the backtrace soonish, though.
In the meantime, real, actual software professionals might want to reconsider their decision of making use of any of the many relatively non-robust (and in addition often not approachable due to closed source, and/or with insufficient interface docs, or service!) products of a certain entity that's been stabbing software industry for decades and now even ends up unbeliebably whiiny when things suddenly turn against them: http://mobile.slashdot.org/story/13/01/03/0358238/microsoft-says-google-trying-to-undermine-windows-phone (also, this important-functionality bug will celebrate 3rd biirthday soon)