Configuring IIS 5.1 to run SvnBridge

Aug 13, 2007 at 4:59 PM
After reading HowToConfigureIis, I'm wondering: how do you run 2 roots in IIS 5.1?
Aug 13, 2007 at 9:09 PM

codekaizen wrote:
After reading HowToConfigureIis, I'm wondering: how do you run 2 roots in IIS 5.1?

You can only have a single website in Windows XP, so if you want to use the HTTP handler in Windows XP, you'll have to use that website. The HTTP handler will not work in a virtual directory. I'll make the steps more clearly reflect this. (If you'd like the HTTP handler to work in a virtaul directory, please create a work item).

The recommended configuration is going to be to use IIS 6 and Windows Server 2003. There is a performance issue right now I'm working to fix, but I'll be adding steps to configure IIS 6 soon.
Aug 13, 2007 at 9:25 PM
Getting it to run on a virtual directory shouldn't, in theory, be all that difficult, but is likely to be very low priority right now.

Additionally, you're going to have the same problem with IIS 7 in Vista, since like XP, it has a single website limitation.
Aug 13, 2007 at 9:49 PM

BradWilson wrote:
Getting it to run on a virtual directory shouldn't, in theory, be all that difficult, but is likely to be very low priority right now.

Exactly right. It's not difficult, I just don't know if it's something folks are interested in and there is higher priority work at the moment.

BradWilson wrote:
Additionally, you're going to have the same problem with IIS 7 in Vista, since like XP, it has a single website limitation.

Yep.
Aug 14, 2007 at 4:11 PM
I added it as workitem here: Allow SVNBridge to run in Virtual Directory, in case anyone else is interested in having this feature.
Jan 16, 2008 at 5:51 AM
Hi Guys,

Any update on running on Win 2k3 / IIS6? I've tried but:

1) IIS 6 doesn't allow .* extensions for ISAPI filters
2) If I skip the .* ISAPI step from the instructions, I get this: Error * PROPFIND request failed on '/' PROPFIND of '/': 501 Not Implemented (http://tfs08)

Any ideas? Would love to pull in all our Java & PHP coders into TFS :)

Cheers!
Jan 16, 2008 at 7:37 AM
Hello kolchak,

I'll update the instruction for setting up SvnBridge as a server in Windows Server 2003 tomorrow and will provide a video as well. I'll post here once the updates are available.
Jan 17, 2008 at 10:07 PM
In IIS 6, rather than mapping to .*, you set up a "default ISAPI handler".

On my web log I have an article about attribute-based URL dispatching. If you scroll down near the bottom to the section of "Does it Work for All URLs?" you can see my discussion and screenshots showing how to set up ASP.NET to handle all requests on IIS 6 on Windows 2003.

http://www.agileprogrammer.com/dotnetguy/articles/AttributeBasedURLDispatch.aspx