SVNBridge with TFS and Subversion

Sep 8, 2009 at 11:01 PM

I am working on project for two different subsidiaries of the same company.  One of the subsidiaries uses TFS and the other uses Subversion.  There is little hope that either will company will switch to the other's  vcs.   I wouldn't consider myself a power user of either of the systems. 

I've been trying to figure out a way to integrate with both systems and came across SVNBridge and it looked promising.  I'm currently using ankhSVN as a plugin to Visual Studio 2008.  If I install SVNBridge, would I be able to access both TFS and Subversion with ankhSVN in visual studio just as two different servers?

Sep 8, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Yes.  SvnBridge will make the TFS server appear to be a Subversion server.  All the CodePlex projects run this way, so you can play around with some of the CodePlex projects to try it out.

Another thing I'd mention is I recommend VisualSVN over AnkhSVN.  The latest version of AnkhSVN is much better then previous ones, but still doesn't match up with VisualSVN.

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:39 PM

Hi,

I am working my projects on TFS server at offshore facility. My client is using tortoiseSVN. So i need to develop software and use the check-in and check-out on TFS server. Finally after the nod from the testing team, I need to update the client's code base using tortoiseSVN which i can access using VPN connection provided by the client. How can i accomplish the seemless integration between two source control without duplicating efforts.

Thanks,

Anand