Best way to report bugs?

Jul 17, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Hello,

I think SvnBridge is a good alternative to setting up TFS and subversion next to each other for Windows and non-Windows development. Therefore, we would like to use SvnBridge on our own TFS.

A few days ago I reported a bug in SvnBridge (http://svnbridge.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=13644 , sorry for duplicating it...). To me the issue list does not seem to be very active. So I wonder how I should verify if the reported bug is reproducible by the developers or if they even recognized the bug entry. For me this is a very serious bug and I'm eager to provide any information that is necessary to solve it.

Thanks

Jul 18, 2009 at 6:02 PM

The number one way, of course, is to download the code and fix it yourself.  It's also built on a couple libraries like (TfsClient) which you can find on CodePlex if your bug is in one of the dependencies.  That way you can give back to the community.

There are only a handful of directing developers on this project and they don't have time to patch every bug.  That being the case there's a voting system in place for the issue tracker that will call their attention to prevalent bugs.

At the very least you can download the source, run in debug mode, and reproduce it to get more specific information.

Jul 28, 2009 at 2:42 PM
Edited Jul 28, 2009 at 2:42 PM

I know, fixing bugs on your own is always an option for OSS, if there only were time...

But hey, I took the time, jumped into the code, and created a patch that will hopefully be accepted by the developers of this project!