Committing does nothing on TFS 2010 - what am I doing wrong?

Feb 17, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Hi,

I'm using SVNBridge to connect my Monodevelop iOS projects to Microsoft TFS 2010.
The last time I used that feature successfully was appr half a year ago…back then still on TFS 2008 with an older Monodevelop and with an older version of SVN Bridge.
The situation is as follows:
  • I create a new solution in Monodevelop, add several projects.
  • I setup the version control settings to point to my TFS 2010 using SVN Bridge via HTTP.
  • Then I use "Publish" and the whole solution is transferred to TFS. 
All fine so far.
But now I change one single file in my solution.
  • If I publish again, I get an error: Version control operation failed: Server sent unexpected return value (405 Method Not Allowed) in response to MKCOL request for '/!svn/wrk/6b0ea366-4418-442c-bfbd-c14941204e2d/Mobile/210/Mobile'. Server sent unexpected return value (405 Method Not Allowed) in response to MKCOL request for '/!svn/wrk/6b0ea366-4418-442c-bfbd-c14941204e2d/Mobile/210/Mobile' - this is somehow expected, as the project has already been published.
  • So in order to get my changes on the server, I use "Review Changes" and see my single changed file.
  • If I click "Show remote Status", I can see the differences.
  • If I "Commit", the output is "Committing /Users/rene/Documents/Develop/Mobile/210/...Commit operation completed."
  • However if I check in source control on TFS now, there is no change visible. The version on the server is unchanged.
  • In previous versions of Monodevelop the "Commit" updated the file successfully.
Any ideas?
René
Feb 17, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Found it finally out. Why does this always happen after writing the post on the web?

The reason was that I also had the GIT Add-In installed in Monodevelop. Somehow the version control management gets messed up if both are active. Looks like it committed to an (arbitrary?) GIT repository and not to the bound SVN.

Disabled the Add-In and it's working again.