Error committing: telling Subversion to ignore files

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:58 AM
Edited Feb 6, 2012 at 9:14 PM

When I try to commit changes to svn:ignore attributes for javascriptdotnet on codeplex, I get this error:

Error: Commit failed (details follow): 
Error: At least one property change failed; repository is unchanged 
Error: The PROPPATCH request returned invalid XML in the response: XML parse error at 
Error:  line 1: no element found (/svn/!svn/wrk/59e24c23-ca8d-a247-9f5b-6cbcf6950ebc) 

Other commits (no attributes, just files) work fine.  I have the impression that attributes should work because messages in these newgroups ask about ..svnBridge files, which I guess store this stuff.  I am using TortoiseSVN 1.7.2.

Any ideas?

Jul 16, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Same here. Any ideas?

Jul 17, 2012 at 7:39 AM

SVN properties are expected to (at least partially?) work, since SvnBridge does implement certain handling (SvnBridgeLibrary/RequestHandlers/PropPatchHandler.cs).

I couldn't correlate SvnBridge source with the error output that was mentioned in this thread, though, thus at least at the moment (pending any svn:ignore issue turning up on my side...) I don't have any help to provide.

You could try hosting your own TFS/SvnBridge setup and reproducing things, but that wouldn't immediately help fix the current very broken SvnBridge version that CodePlex uses and would be a bit laborous to set up, too.

Jul 17, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Hmm, just figured out a way to do more investigation.

Use svn command line client to hopefully reproduce this issue there as well, then set

neon-debug-mask = 511

in subversion's servers configuration file (~/.subversion/servers), then that should provide more details.

Nov 10, 2012 at 5:04 AM

This problem still exists especially in the CodePlex.