Update fails after TFS merge between branches

May 25, 2011 at 9:30 AM

We are using several branches of the same project. A clean checkout of these branches using svnbridge works perfectly as does updating and committing files to the TFS.

However after a merge is done between two branches in the team explorer I can no longer update the local copy using svnbridge. I am still able to commit to the affected branch. All svnbridge keeps telling me is that the change type merge is not supported, is this due to a configuration issue in my setup or is something really wrong with svnbridge. I've attached the error log below as provided by svnbridge.

We are using TFS 2010, as a SVN client I've tried the console version / syncrosvn and the build in client of netbeans. All are reporting the same issue when updating a file that was affected by a merge.

Exception:
   System.NotSupportedException: Unsupported change type Merge
   at SvnBridge.SourceControl.UpdateDiffCalculator.CalculateChangeBetweenVersions(String checkoutRootPath, String changePath, Int32 changeVersion, FolderMetaData root, Int32 sourceVersion, Int32 targetVersion)
   at SvnBridge.SourceControl.UpdateDiffCalculator.CalculateChangeBetweenVersions(String checkoutRootPath, Int32 checkoutRootVersion, FolderMetaData root, Int32 sourceVersion, Int32 targetVersion)
   at SvnBridge.SourceControl.UpdateDiffCalculator.CalculateDiff(String checkoutRootPath, Int32 versionTo, Int32 versionFrom, FolderMetaData checkoutRoot, UpdateReportData updateReportData)
   at SvnBridge.SourceControl.TFSSourceControlProvider.GetChangedItems(String path, Int32 versionFrom, Int32 versionTo, UpdateReportData reportData)
   at SvnBridge.Proxies.RemotingInvocation.Proceed()
   at SvnBridge.Proxies.TracingInterceptor.Invoke(IInvocation invocation)
   at SvnBridge.Proxies.RetryOnExceptionsInterceptor`1.Invoke(IInvocation invocation)
   at SvnBridge.Proxies.ProxyFactory.RemotingProxy.Invoke(IMessage msg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at SvnBridge.SourceControl.TFSSourceControlProvider.GetChangedItems(String path, Int32 versionFrom, Int32 versionTo, UpdateReportData reportData)
   at SvnBridge.Handlers.ReportHandler.GetMetadataForUpdate(IHttpRequest request, UpdateReportData updatereport, TFSSourceControlProvider sourceControlProvider, Int32& targetRevision)
   at SvnBridge.Handlers.ReportHandler.Handle(IHttpContext context, TFSSourceControlProvider sourceControlProvider)
   at SvnBridge.Handlers.RequestHandlerBase.Handle(IHttpContext context, IPathParser pathParser, NetworkCredential credentials)
   at SvnBridge.Net.HttpContextDispatcher.Dispatch(IHttpContext connection)
   at SvnBridgeServer.SvnBridgeHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)