Updated documentation for SVN Bridge Server?

Dec 9, 2010 at 2:50 PM

I am struggling to get the SVN Bridge Server setup working, and I suspect its mostly because the documentation doesn't seem to be updated, or my server configuration is still incompatible with SVN Bridge.  I would be happy to write up a comprehensive step by step setup document and publish it here, if only I could get my own setup working.

Here is my server configuration information and all the information I have been trying to use to get this set up:

Server OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 (Version 6.1, Build 7600)

IIS Version: 7.5.7600.16385

SVN Bridge Build: Change Set 55317.  (Compiled, this creates a "Web.config" file (and what appears to a an outdated "ReadMe.txt" file, with a sub-directory of "bin" containing two files: "SvnBridgeViaIis.dll" and "SvnBridgeViaIis.pdb"

I have an SvnBridge web site configured in IIS, with the following options/settings selected:

Authentication: Anonymous Enabled, ASP.NET Impersonation Enabled, and Windows Authentication Enabled

Bindings: 192.168.6.10:8081

Basic settings: Site name: SvnBridge, Application pool: SvnBridge, Physical path: "C:SC\SvnBridge-Server" (this is the local directory to which the Web.config file and "bin" subdirectory were copied,) Connect as "SvnBridgeReader.svc" (local machine account / password.)

Test settings on the "Edit Site" (Basic Settings) results in green checkmarks for both Authentication and Authorization.

Browsing to the site results in the following error:  "

HTTP Error 500.24 - Internal Server Error

An ASP.NET setting has been detected that does not apply in Integrated managed pipeline mode.

Details:

Module ConfigurationValidationModule
Notification BeginRequest
Handler SvnBridgeHandler
Error Code 0x80070032
Requested URL http://192.168.6.10:8081/
Physical Path C:\SC\SvnBridge-Server
Logon Method Not yet determined
Logon User Not yet determined

Most likely causes:

system.web/identity@impersonate is set to true."

What should my Web.config file look like?

The Project collection in TFS is "CFCommProjectCollection" and the project I want to check out is "METTest".  What should my repository URL look like? (I get "401 Unauthorized" from the SVN client regardless of the URL I try.)

Is it even possible to get this to work, or am I wasting my time?

Thanks for any help you can give me.Again, I'd be happy to document the install / setup for this configuration if it can be made to work.

David

Dec 16, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Can anyone comment on this? I am in the same boat as DJWLJR...

Dec 16, 2010 at 11:57 PM

David, I'm not sure if you have been able to get things working since adding this post, but, I have finally been able to get things up and running on my end.

There were two things that seemed to be getting in the way.

1) Windows Firewall... be sure to create an Allow rule, on the server running the SvnBridge-Server website, to allow traffic over Port 8081

2) After allowing port 8081 in windows firewall I was then getting a Server 500-24 error. Turns out it was due to enabling "ASP.NET Impersonation" authentication. So I disabled Impersonation and only enabled "Basic Authentication".

All is well since those changes... Hope this helps you out.

- Brian

Dec 30, 2010 at 11:33 PM

I've created a new release and revised the installation documentation.  Let me know if you find any issues or questions with it.

Jan 12, 2011 at 9:12 PM

jwanagel,

I have still been unable to get this to work.  

Obviously, the ideal situation would be to just use the local client, and not have to monkey with our TFS or IIS setup .  As far as I can tell, however, neither the local client or the server solution can accommodate Team Project Collections (a feature that I think was added to TFS 2010.)

The URLs to the TFS projects is given in the documentation as:

Local client: http://localhost:8081/<tfs.server.name>/<projectname>

IIS Server version: http://<yourwebserver>:8081/<projectname>

...but there does not appear to be any accomodation for the team project collection. Is it not possible that two projects could be named identically under two different team collections?  How would TFS know which project to alter?

Thanks.

Jan 12, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Following the instructions in the other thread http://svnbridge.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=77164 seems to work for TFS 2010, even though I'm gettting some random authentication issue.