Cannot "SVN Checkout"

Mar 7, 2008 at 2:48 PM
Hi,
I'm attempting to access a TFS repository from within the local lan;
http://mytfsaddress:8080
I can RepoBrowse it through svnbridge since two days I'm not able anymore to make a checkout. After a little waiting, the _svn folder for the root project folder is created but then I get the following error:

Error: REPORT request failed on '/!svn/vcc/default'
Error: REPORT of '/!svn/vcc/default': 200 OK (http://localhost:8081)

I tried both specifying and not specifying the firewall address, but with no changes in the behavior.
I'm using the head revision of SvnBridge.
What can it be?
Federico
Mar 10, 2008 at 7:21 PM
I've been having this same problem myself. I just tested this with 16628 with the same results.
Mar 10, 2008 at 8:47 PM
Can you provide more information about this?
Specifically, the latest version of SvnBridge will log full error message to a file in the same directory as SvnBridge (errors.log).
Mar 10, 2008 at 10:49 PM
Ahh, I just saw the errors.log file. I'm happy to provide any information that you need. What other information do you need?

Here's the contents from the 16628 changeset:

Error on handling request. Error id: 2f3f57e2-77f3-40ab-b229-69ad069d8393
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SvnBridge.SourceControl.TFSSourceControlProvider.SetItemProperties(IDictionary`2 folders, IDictionary`2 properties) in C:\Dev\Source\SvnBridge-16628\SvnBridgeLibrary\SourceControl\TFSSourceControlProvider.cs:line 1134
at SvnBridge.SourceControl.TFSSourceControlProvider.GetItems(Int32 version, String path, Recursion recursion, Boolean returnPropertyFiles) in C:\Dev\Source\SvnBridge-16628\SvnBridgeLibrary\SourceControl\TFSSourceControlProvider.cs:line 558
at SvnBridge.SourceControl.TFSSourceControlProvider.GetItems(Int32 version, String path, Recursion recursion) in C:\Dev\Source\SvnBridge-16628\SvnBridgeLibrary\SourceControl\TFSSourceControlProvider.cs:line 187
at SvnBridge.Handlers.ReportHandler.UpdateReport(IHttpRequest request, ISourceControlProvider sourceControlProvider, UpdateReportData updatereport, StreamWriter output) in C:\Dev\Source\SvnBridge-16628\SvnBridgeLibrary\Handlers\ReportHandler.cs:line 147
at SvnBridge.Handlers.ReportHandler.Handle(IHttpContext context, ISourceControlProvider sourceControlProvider) in C:\Dev\Source\SvnBridge-16628\SvnBridgeLibrary\Handlers\ReportHandler.cs:line 46
at SvnBridge.Handlers.HttpContextHandlerBase.Handle(IHttpContext context, String tfsUrl, String projectName) in C:\Dev\Source\SvnBridge-16628\SvnBridgeLibrary\Handlers\HttpContextHandlerBase.cs:line 27
at SvnBridge.Handlers.HttpContextHandlerBase.Handle(IHttpContext context, String tfsUrl) in C:\Dev\Source\SvnBridge-16628\SvnBridgeLibrary\Handlers\HttpContextHandlerBase.cs:line 18
at SvnBridge.Net.HttpContextDispatcher.Dispatch(IHttpContext connection) in C:\Dev\Source\SvnBridge-16628\SvnBridgeLibrary\Net\HttpContextDispatcher.cs:line 79
at SvnBridge.Net.Listener.Process(TcpClient tcpClient) in C:\Dev\Source\SvnBridge-16628\SvnBridgeLibrary\Net\Listener.cs:line 127
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SvnBridge.SourceControl.TFSSourceControlProvider.SetItemProperties(IDictionary`2 folders, IDictionary`2 properties) in C:\Dev\Source\SvnBridge-16628\SvnBridgeLibrary\SourceControl\TFSSourceControlProvider.cs:line 1134
at SvnBridge.SourceControl.TFSSourceControlProvider.GetItems(Int32 version, String path, Recursion recursion, Boolean returnPropertyFiles) in C:\Dev\Source\SvnBridge-16628\SvnBridgeLibrary\SourceControl\TFSSourceControlProvider.cs:line 558
at SvnBridge.SourceControl.TFSSourceControlProvider.GetItems(Int32 version, String path, Recursion recursion) in C:\Dev\Source\SvnBridge-16628\SvnBridgeLibrary\SourceControl\TFSSourceControlProvider.cs:line 187
at SvnBridge.Handlers.ReportHandler.UpdateReport(IHttpRequest request, ISourceControlProvider sourceControlProvider, UpdateReportData updatereport, StreamWriter output) in C:\Dev\Source\SvnBridge-16628\SvnBridgeLibrary\Handlers\ReportHandler.cs:line 147
at SvnBridge.Handlers.ReportHandler.Handle(IHttpContext context, ISourceControlProvider sourceControlProvider) in C:\Dev\Source\SvnBridge-16628\SvnBridgeLibrary\Handlers\ReportHandler.cs:line 46
at SvnBridge.Handlers.HttpContextHandlerBase.Handle(IHttpContext context, String tfsUrl, String projectName) in C:\Dev\Source\SvnBridge-16628\SvnBridgeLibrary\Handlers\HttpContextHandlerBase.cs:line 27
at SvnBridge.Handlers.HttpContextHandlerBase.Handle(IHttpContext context, String tfsUrl) in C:\Dev\Source\SvnBridge-16628\SvnBridgeLibrary\Handlers\HttpContextHandlerBase.cs:line 18
at SvnBridge.Net.HttpContextDispatcher.Dispatch(IHttpContext connection) in C:\Dev\Source\SvnBridge-16628\SvnBridgeLibrary\Net\HttpContextDispatcher.cs:line 79
at SvnBridge.Net.Listener.Process(TcpClient tcpClient) in C:\Dev\Source\SvnBridge-16628\SvnBridgeLibrary\Net\Listener.cs:line 127
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Error on handling request. Error id: 23ee125a-4cb0-4986-b994-ec3230dc9196
Mar 10, 2008 at 11:16 PM
Just tried it with changeset 16647. Got the same 2 exceptions. I'm running the winform UI version connecting to my CodePlex project.
Mar 15, 2008 at 4:46 AM
Tried with changeset 16710, but no luck. Still getting the exact 2 exceptions as before. This is preventing me from working on any of my CodePlex projects. :s
Mar 17, 2008 at 5:56 PM
I just tested it against your three projects and the first two worked fine but the third one did fail on checkout. I'm looking at the bug now and will check in the fix soon.
Mar 18, 2008 at 7:05 AM
Changeset 16860 fixes the checkout bug you were having with WheelMUD.
Mar 18, 2008 at 3:48 PM
It works! I just tested it with changeset 16861.

Thanks!