Hosting SVNBridge for External Access

Mar 5, 2008 at 9:19 PM

Currently, SVNBridge acts as a local proxy to an external TFS server. Are there plans to allow external connections, i.e. non-local connections to SVNBridge, so it acts like server for all to access?

Thanks,

Matt.
Mar 5, 2008 at 11:45 PM
Matt,
Yes, there are plans for that, and the current bits already do that. We still have a lot to do in terms of stabilizing that, performance tests and the like, but you can use it right now for that.
Mar 6, 2008 at 12:36 PM
Awesome. I guess that's in the latest source version, not the 'current release'?
Mar 6, 2008 at 2:05 PM
I tried from the current source, and I guess 'the bits' aren't exposed via the gui. Let me know when it's available, or how to access it if it currently is available!

Example: Start SVNBridge on machine A, which points to TFS on machine B. From machine C, I try to hit machine A using SVN - Server A doesn't respond. From machine A, I can hit machine A using SVN.

Thanks. Good work btw!

Matt.
Mar 6, 2008 at 5:40 PM
Matt,
The reason for that is that running the UI version only listen to the loopback device. That is, to the local machine only.
This make it safer to use (we don't have to worry about security treats from outside).

The hosted version is on IIS, and as such, can be accessed from another machine.
I am working on updating that and performance improvements in this regard.