clearcase anyone?

Feb 28, 2008 at 12:56 AM
Has anyone thought of applying this technology to clearcase as well? I work on a project where clearcase is demanded by those on high, but I'm in love with tortoise SVN. I looked to see if anyone is working on something like SvnBridge for Clearcase and came up empty.

Is the license such that I could adapt SvnBridge to work with clearcase? Are those changes that you would host, or would that be a fork of the project?

Thanks,
John
Feb 28, 2008 at 5:46 AM
I haven't heard of anyone considering doing that but the license we use (Ms-PL) definitely would allow it. I think it would make the most sense to create a new project for it as opposed to hosting it within this one. That way it could have it's own name and tags and such to make it more likely for a ClearCase user to discover it.

From an implementation perspective you would need to implement the ISourceControlProvider interface and get all the IntegrationTests to pass with it and theoretically you should be golden.
Feb 28, 2008 at 6:54 AM
Since SvnBridge is still actively being developed, I'm thinking it would make sense to add a clearcase flavor to it instead of forking. The name "SvnBridge" is generic enough to cover both. Would you be opposed to doint that?
Feb 28, 2008 at 9:48 PM
John,
The ISourceControlProvider interface it pretty much stable, and if needed, we can make it pluggable as well.
The priority is working on TFS, obviously, but I suggest that getting an initial implementation of ISCP would be a great first step