Error in SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse

Jul 13, 2010 at 7:33 AM
Edited Jul 13, 2010 at 7:37 AM

Ive recently setup a TFS 2010 server (or tried to anyway). When i try to checkout from TFS using TortoiseSVN through the svnbridge client i get an error in SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse. It seems it is getting an HTML error message back instead of the response it was expecting.

It is properly just a setup problem with the TFS installation, since it reads "The file you are attempting to save or retrieve has been blocked from this Web site by the server administrators.". Unfortunately i sort of am the server administrator in this case, and have no idea what i need to enable on the TFS side to make svnbridge work.

How does svnbridge interact with TFS? The URLs i have tried are ( isetup svnbridge on port 6666, and the server is called aura):

http://localhost:6666/aura/DefaultCollection/Master
http://localhost:6666/aura/Master

The error message is:

System.InvalidOperationException: Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'. The request failed with the error message:

--

[HTML REMOVED]

The file you are attempting to save or retrieve has been blocked from this Web site by the server administrators.

[HTML REMOVED]

-- at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at CodePlex.TfsLibrary.RegistrationWebSvc.Registration.GetRegistrationEntries(String toolId) at CodePlex.TfsLibrary.ObjectModel.RegistrationService.GetServiceInterfaceUrl(String tfsUrl, ICredentials credentials, String serviceType, String interfaceName) at CodePlex.TfsLibrary.RepositoryWebSvc.RepositoryWebSvcFactory.Create(String tfsUrl, ICredentials credentials) at CodePlex.TfsLibrary.ObjectModel.SourceControlService.<>c__DisplayClassd.<GetLatestChangeset>b__c() at CodePlex.TfsLibrary.ObjectModel.SourceControlService.WrapWebException[T](WrapWebExceptionDelegate`1 function) at CodePlex.TfsLibrary.ObjectModel.SourceControlService.GetLatestChangeset(String tfsUrl, ICredentials credentials) at SvnBridge.SourceControl.TFSSourceControlProvider.GetLatestVersion() at SvnBridge.SourceControl.TFSSourceControlProvider.GetItems(Int32 version, String path, Recursion recursion, Boolean returnPropertyFiles) at SvnBridge.SourceControl.TFSSourceControlProvider.ItemExists(String path, Int32 version) at SvnBridge.SourceControl.TFSSourceControlProvider.ItemExists(String path) at SvnBridge.Proxies.RemotingInvocation.Proceed() at SvnBridge.Proxies.RetryOnExceptionsInterceptor`1.Invoke(IInvocation invocation) at SvnBridge.Proxies.RemotingInvocation.Proceed() at SvnBridge.Proxies.TracingInterceptor.Invoke(IInvocation invocation) at SvnBridge.Proxies.RemotingInvocation.Proceed() at SvnBridge.Proxies.ProxyFactory.RemotingProxy.Invoke(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) at SvnBridge.SourceControl.TFSSourceControlProvider.ItemExists(String path) at SvnBridge.Handlers.OptionsHandler.Handle(IHttpContext context, TFSSourceControlProvider sourceControlProvider) at SvnBridge.Handlers.RequestHandlerBase.Handle(IHttpContext context, IPathParser pathParser, NetworkCredential credentials) at SvnBridge.Net.HttpContextDispatcher.Dispatch(IHttpContext connection) at SvnBridge.Net.Listener.Process(TcpClient tcpClient) at SvnBridge.Net.Listener.Accept(IAsyncResult asyncResult)