The database is full.

Dec 16, 2007 at 4:53 PM
I've been attempting to commit more files to a project today, and svnbridge kept crashing. Debugging yielded this message:

TF30291: There was a problem on the server of unknown cause. See the Team Foundation Server event log for details.
Time: 2007-12-16T08:48:04:329 ---> TF30042: The database is full. Contact your Team Foundation Server administrator.

Attention codeplex sysadmins: please consider yourself contacted. I'll look elsewhere for contact info as well.
Dec 16, 2007 at 9:48 PM

TF30291: There was a problem on the server of unknown cause. See the Team Foundation Server event log for details.
Time: 2007-12-16T08:48:04:329 ---> TF30042: The database is full. Contact your Team Foundation Server administrator.

I'm getting that exact message too. It's been happening for at least the last 12 hours. The project I'm trying to access is hosted on https://tfs05.codeplex.com. I guess this really isn't a SvnBridge issue though...
Dec 17, 2007 at 12:21 AM

spoida wrote:

I'm getting that exact message too. It's been happening for at least the last 12 hours. The project I'm trying to access is hosted on https://tfs05.codeplex.com. I guess this really isn't a SvnBridge issue though...

Yep, same place as my project. I guess codeplex operations doesn't do off-hour monitoring; I would think this would trigger a pager alert.

On the SvnBridge side, I haven't looked at the source but I was alerted by the app crashing due to the SoapException not being handled. I should probably log a bug with svnbridge if it hasn't already been done.
Dec 17, 2007 at 4:23 AM
Edited Dec 17, 2007 at 4:29 AM
Just an update. I logged a formal issue with the codeplex admins and I just got an email saying that there was an issue and that it has been fixed.

Hello,

This issue has been resolved. Thank you for your patience, and please feel free to ping me back if you continue to have issues with the site.

Michael Greenleaf
Microsoft CodePlex Team
www.codeplex.com

I'm at work at the moment so can't check it out just now but I'll do it once I get home. If the problem is still about after I test it I'll report it back here, otherwise assume it's fixed!

jeffro wrote:
On the SvnBridge side, I haven't looked at the source but I was alerted by the app crashing due to the SoapException not being handled. I should probably log a bug with svnbridge if it hasn't already been done.

I agree. It would be nice for the exception to be caught and relayed back to the user in a friendly manner rather than crashing the app :)
Dec 17, 2007 at 5:39 AM
Sorry about the trouble. Our TFS05 server is functioning properly again.